Re: Extension table data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Extension table data
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2012-06-09 08:56, Keith Fiske wrote:
> Looking at the docs, I think the extension authors may have only had
> configuration data in mind for extension tables. I don't see any
> reason why we shouldn't be able to put any sort of table in our
> extensions, some having actual data, not just config.

True. We've made several extensions that consist only of table data,
such as contents of medical codesystems, where the actual terminology
comes from another extension that has functions and empty codesystem
tables. I remember there were some issues making it. IIRC the table data
would not be dropped on extension drop.

regards,
Yeb

--