pgadmin, debian stable & postgresql 9.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Pierre Chevalier
Subject pgadmin, debian stable & postgresql 9.0
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello/bonjour,

I have a little problem: in my company, my main work machine runs on
GNU/Linux debian stable.  I used to work a lot with pgadmin, while my
postgresql was a 8.3 and 8.4.
I upgraded my cluster to 9.0, and since, pgadmin does not work any more.
My postgresql database is hosted on the same machine.  Pgadmin version
is 1.10.5.

Pgadmin launches normally; but when I try to connect to my postgresql
database connexion, it complains (in French):

"Warning :
"Cette version de pgAdmin a seulement été testée avec la version 8.4 de
"PostgreSQL ainsi qu'avec les versions antérieures. Elle pourrait ne
"pas fonctionner avec ce serveur. Merci de mettre à jour pgAdmin.
"

And then, a second message comes:
"Une erreur s'est produite :
"
"ERREUR:  la colonne « datconfig » n'existe pas
"LIGNE 1 : ...b.dattablespace AS spcoid, spcname, datallowconn,
"datconfig,...
"                                                              ^

I thought that a more up-to-date version would come in the debian
sources, so I waited for a while, doing a few apt-get updates.  But
apparently, nothing is changing.

I know that I could get sources and compile pgadmin myself, but this is
for my working machine, which is quite crucial, and I try to avoid, as
much as possible, any weird installations, and I keep it as
debian-stable as possible.

Any idea?  Maybe I could try to add a "datconfig" field to... some
table, but which one?
Or I could also add another repositery to my /etc/apt/sources.list ?  I
tried to find one, unsuccessfully, so far.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Pierre

PS: in the meantime, I only work with psql, which is very efficient.
But sometimes, I miss the neat features of pgadmin, like browsing
through dozens of views, reviewing table structures in a glance, etc.

--
Pierre Chevalier   Mesté Duran 32100 Condom  Tél :  09 75 27 45 62  - 06 37 80 33 64
http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/ Logiciels Libres dans le Gers: http://gnusquetaires.org/