Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It's been said elsewhere that adding all this to the release notes as
> found on the official docs would be too bulky.  How about having a
> second copy of the release notes that contains authorship info as
> proposed by Andrew?  Then the docs could have no names at all, and
> credit would be given by some other page in the website (to which the
> release notes would link).

Personally, I'd love to have something really simple, with just 3 sections:

"Contributors to PostgreSQL 9.2"

(1) Specific Patch Contributorspatch, original (co) author name

(2) Patch reviewerslist without specific patch affiliation

(3) Other Contributors to this releaseanyone who contributed but isn't mentioned above

I think if we get any more complicated, this is going to become a major
chore for someone, and then it won't get done.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.