1.15 : wxw 2.9.3 : Object browser - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Colin Beckingham
Subject 1.15 : wxw 2.9.3 : Object browser
Date
List pgadmin-support
Another thought on usability for consideration by the community:

I have one server that contains a number of similar but not identical
databases that look very much alike in overall appearance, table names etc.

When working with the left panel object browser window to navigate
between dbs I have a number of times been on the point of making a
change to the right table but in the wrong database.

This arises since I am working in one db where the structure in the
object browser is fully open, and I click the + to open another db.
However this new db tree does not fully open, but there is movement in
the content of the browser so I am left with the impression that it has,
so I think I am now in the new db but that is an error.

In order to avoid this issue I have made it a practice to hide all open
trees before opening a new one.

I wonder if others have experienced this and whether it is worth
thinking of a one-click hide for all open trees in the tree, say back to
schema level which is where a db normally opens?
--
---
Colin Beckingham