Re: Request to add options to tools/git_changelog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jay Levitt
Subject Re: Request to add options to tools/git_changelog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am again requesting the addition of options to tools/git_changelog so
> I can more easily produce the release notes.  I asked for this during
> 9.1 development and it was rejected.  I am currently using my own
> custom version of the tool, but have to merge community improvements
> into the tool every year before I use it.

FYI in the general case of "I have to maintain a patch set": Now that PG is
on git, there's a tool called Stacked Git that lets you use git's excellent
merge capabilities to maintain patches.

http://www.procode.org/stgit/

Jay