Re: A problem with dump/restore of views containing whole row references - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: A problem with dump/restore of views containing whole row references
Date
List pgsql-hackers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>       + CREATE TRIGGER modified_any BEFORE UPDATE OF a ON main_table
>     FOR EACH ROW WHEN (old.*::main_table IS DISTINCT FROM
>     new.*::main_table) EXECUTE PROCEDURE trigger_func('modified_any')
>

>     Maybe we need to be a bit more selective about when the cast is
>     supplied. It's not adding any extra disambiguation (or clarity) here.
>

> I ran the regression and found that my patch is causing a diff in the
> trigger test case, thats why I changed the expected output of the test
> case accordingly. This is a side effect of the change I did to fix the
> bug.

Right, what I'm asking is whether or not we actually want that side
effect in all cases, and specifically in this case where it's clearly
not necessary.

cheers

andrew