Re: Re: Just trying to read first row in table based on index, pg scans and sorts instead? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Re: Just trying to read first row in table based on index, pg scans and sorts instead?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 04/19/2012 03:58 PM, johnmudd wrote:
> Thanks, that fixed it! That's good news. The bad news is that I had made it a
> rule to add the parens because a similar query would "ignore" the an index
> if I left the parens off. I'll try to did up the counter example. It was for
> a different table, index.
When you find it, be sure to include the full description of both
tables. Is it possible that you used a bit of a different
parenthesization, if there is such a word, when you created the
different indexes?

Cheers,
Steve