Re: urgent help required - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: urgent help required
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nagaraj,

> i am nagaraj, i am newbi in this database world. i required your help.
> 2 dyas back i formatted one of my client system. which is having postgresql
> 8.2 database & that was having data. but i am not taken backup of the data.
> 1) how to take the data from the formatted harddisk. ?
> 2) how many folders or files will be their at base folder. When we install
> postgresql 8.2?
> 3) how to identify which folder contain which file. ?

1).   the pgsql-hackers mailing list is not the place for this kind of
question.  Please use pgsql-admin or pgsql-general

2) Please use a subject line which indicates the nature of your issues.

3) PostgreSQL 8.2 is EOL and you should upgrade.

4) If you formatted the hard drive, your data is gone.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.