Re: Planet posting policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Planet posting policy
Date
List pgsql-www
On 04/18/2012 09:02 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> I do care what content we allow, as we don't want a firehose, we want things
> to be relevant to most readers, and we want the planet to reflect positively on
> the project as a whole. If you feel people or companies are not playing by
> the current rules, feel free to name them here. I think most are playing
> by the rules, but I usually skim planet via RSS on my phone; I will make more
> of an effort in the future to consider appropriateness and report here.

Why don't we just make it self policing?

If you are logged into planet, there is a button that says "report".
Anyone who is logged in can report a post as offtopic or innappropriate
(although I haven't seen any of those). That moderation report would
submit to the planet admins list for review.

Thus.... the readers who log in, set the stage for what is allowed
versus some arbitrary small group of people who "think" they know what
the community wants.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579