Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/14/2012 05:28 PM, Jay Levitt wrote:
> I see now that the "Reviewing a Patch" wiki page explains this, but
> maybe this info should be pushed higher into the docs and web site; a
> "How can I contribute" page, open calls for reviewers on the non-hackers
> mailing lists, things like that. Or maybe just make the wiki page bright
> red and blink a lot.

It is too bad the page we used to have like this on MySpace isn't around
anymore.

Right now there's some rumbling at multiple companies around things like
how to sponsor new features for PostgreSQL.  Tying that into a larger
page covering the various ways people can contribute is an interesting
idea.  I think we've only recently crossed the point where there's
enough details on pages like "Reviewing a Patch" that it's clear to
people what they should do on the technical side.  That pretty well
completely work could use something that's more like marketing now though.