Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/11/2012 10:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Smith<greg@2ndQuadrant.com>  writes:
>> I'd like to dump around 50 pages of new material into the docs as a
>> start, but I don't want to take so much time away from the code oriented
>> committers to chew on that much.
>
> Well, with all due respect, that does not sound like a change that
> doesn't need review.

I wasn't trying to suggest large changes should be made without review.  I'd just like some new paths for work to
progresswithout one of the

more coding oriented committers being compelled to join and keep up with
everything.  The quality level I aimed for in my book wouldn't have been
possible without Kevin Grittner, Scott Marlowe, and Jim Mlodgenski as
reviewers; it didn't require anyone with commit bits though.