Re: Switching to Homebrew as recommended Mac install? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Switching to Homebrew as recommended Mac install?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/3/12 5:22 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> If homebrew intentionally creates a hole like that, then for as long
>> as I'm one of the PostgreSQL webmasters it will *never* be listed on
>> our download pages.

I don't agree. Listed with a warning, sure.  But it should be listed.

Consider that OSX is pretty much purely a desktop platform (if you're
using OSX on the server, security is the least of your problems).  As
such, it doesn't have the same security concerns which server platforms
have.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.