Desperately need a magical PG monitoring tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject Desperately need a magical PG monitoring tool
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

is there a tool for monitoring PG servers?

Something that checks if a master and a hot-standby is still running
flawlessly.

I'd be nice if one could generously overlook some errors like wrong
passwords.

The standby should be watched if it keeps in sync with the master.

I have a cron job that does regularly pg_dumps and compresses them by 7zip.
I'd like to check automatically if this backup got done and wether the
archive is actually OK.
I'm not fixed on this combination. Any compressing backup solution would do.

Last week I had memory allocation errors in the db-server that
eventually crashed PG after a couple of automatical restarts.

After a manual restart thursday PG at first seemed to run OK but later
it prooved that at least one table got messed up so the nightly pg_dump
failed. I found out on friday and ended up with the last intact backup
from wednesday night.  :(
Until today I had no standby server so this wasn't really pleasant.

Is there a possibility to get ASAP informed when such a data corruption
happens?

How do you watch that all runs well ?