Values inside rolvaliduntil of pg_authid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Lanitz
Subject Values inside rolvaliduntil of pg_authid
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi folks,

I'm currently doing some checks for users. During this I've found inside
pg_authid.rolvaliduntil a couple of values I wasn't able to figure out
via documentation, whether they are valid.... Maybe you can help me out
helping whether these are valid dates and what is postgres interpreting
them:

- infinity (I assume it's treaded as NULL inside this column ->
unlimited password)
- 1970-01-01 00:00:00+01 (UNIX timestamp 0. I have no f. bloody idea here)

(I'm running 8.4 here)

cheers,
Frank