Re: Uppercase tab completion keywords in psql? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Uppercase tab completion keywords in psql?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 03/23/2012 11:07 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On 22 March 2012 22:05, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  wrote:
>>
>> On 03/22/2012 05:49 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>>
>>> Robert Haas and I are disappointed by this change.  I liked the fact
>>> that I could post nice-looking SQL queries without having to use my
>>> capslock key (which I use as a second control key).  Any chance of
>>> reverting this change?
>>>
>> Should it be governed by a setting?
> Perhaps, but I find the behaviour that was introduced by Peter's patch
> to be a more preferable default.

Upper casing SQL keywords is a common style, which is used in lots of
our code (e.g. regression tests, psql queries, pg_dump). I think the
default should match what is in effect our house style, and what we have
historically done.

cheers

andrew