Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 19.03.2012 21:29, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Excerpts from Atri Sharma's message of lun mar 19 16:20:09 -0300 2012:
>
>> I was just going through PGfoundry and I think I will be able to work
>> on the PL/Java project.Please let me know If I can proceed further on
>> ot for GSOC and also,if currently there is any work that needs to be
>> done on PL/java.
>
> Hm, I'm not sure on PL/Java.  As far as I know, it is a dead project.

I haven't followed PL/java either, but it doesn't look quite dead to me.
The last release was in September 2011, and there are active discussions
on the mailing lists. If it's not completely up-to-date with latest JDK
and PostgreSQL releases, perhaps bringing it up-to-date and then adding
some missing functionality would be a useful GSoC project.

I would suggest that you ask on the pl/java mailing list if there is
something suitable for a GSoC project there, and if one of the pl/java
developers would be willing to mentor.