Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 03/17/2012 04:39 AM, Atri Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am Atri Sharma.I am a C developer with experience in database
> designing and database management systems.I have worked with
> MySql,Oracle and other database systems.I have designed databases for
> various projects as well.
>
> I would be interested in developing the column reordering project by a
> single ALTER command.I have an idea in mind that would solve
> theproblem in a very easy way.
>
> Please let me know how to proceed further on this.

You should review the history on this. See
<http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1324412114-sup-9608@alvh.no-ip.org>
as a good place to start.

You should be aware that anything that doesn't follow the previous
discussions is likely to be rejected. But if you can do something that
does implement what was previously discussed, that would be awesome.

cheers

andrew