Re: Ident authentication failed for user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Ident authentication failed for user
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/01/12 10:03 AM, Ruben Blanco wrote:
> El día 1 de marzo de 2012 17:25, John R Pierce<pierce@hogranch.com>  escribió:
>> >  On 03/01/12 9:02 AM, Ruben Blanco wrote:
>> >  specify host=localhost, otherwise its using the first 'local' line, which
>> >  specifies 'ident' authentication, as the error implies.
> Where should I specify "host=localhost"? in the $connection_string for
> pg_connect()? It doesn't work either.

I don''t do much PHP, so I might have the syntax wrong, but yes....  it
would go in the connection string passed to pg_Connection...  however
you specify a host.  if you don't give a host at all, it uses the
'domain' socket, which corresponds to the LOCAL line in pg_hba.conf...
if you specify host is localhost, then it uses the host .... 127.0.0.1
(or ::1) lines.