Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Reuven M. Lerner
Subject Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database
Date
Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database  (lephongvu <luoidocsach@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi, everyone.  Samuel wrote:

> What is work_mem set to?  If all the other values were set so low, I'd
> expect work_mem to also be small, which could be causing all kind of
> disk activity when steps don't fit into a work_mem segment.

I just checked, and work_mem is set to 30 MB.  That seems a bit low to
me, given the size of the database and the fact that we're doing so much
sorting and subselecting.  Am I right that we should push that up some more?

Reuven
--
Reuven M. Lerner -- Web development, consulting, and training
Mobile: +972-54-496-8405 * US phone: 847-230-9795