Re: postgres backup ( logical using pg_dump) using AMANDA - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: postgres backup ( logical using pg_dump) using AMANDA
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary@iii.com> wrote:

> Has anyone done postgres logical backup (pg_dump) using Amanda (
> Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver).
> So far I have seen plugin for wall logging method, but have not
> found any information on pg_dump.

IMO, there aren't many situations where regular backups should be
done with pg_dump instead of PITR backup techniques.  (Is that what
you meant by "wall logging method"?)  You might take lack of a
pg_dump plugin as a sign that nobody else has yet considered it a
good idea.

-Kevin