Re: pgstat documentation tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: pgstat documentation tables
Date
Re: pgstat documentation tables  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/15/2012 12:20 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Please follow the style already used for system catalogs; ie I think
> there should be a summary table with one entry per view, and then a
> separate description and table-of-columns for each view.

Yes, that's a perfect precedent.  I think the easiest path forward here
is to tweak the updated pg_stat_activity documentation, since that's
being refactoring first anyway.  That can be reformatted until it looks
just like the system catalog documentation.  And then once that's done,
the rest of them can be converted over to follow the same style.  I'd be
willing to work on doing that in a way that improves what is documented,
too.  The difficulty of working with the existing tables has been the
deterrent for improving that section to me.