Re: Postgres ReviewFest Patch: URI connection string support for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Postgres ReviewFest Patch: URI connection string support for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/12/2012 11:07 PM, Nick Roosevelt wrote:
> Just reviewed the patch for adding URI connection string support for
> libpg.
> ...Seems like the file has changed since this patch was created.
> Please recreate the patch.

Thanks for the review.  In the CommitFest appliation, it looks like
someone marked this patch "Returned with Feedback" after adding your
review.  Whoever did that, it wasn't the right next step for this one.
"Returned with Feedback" suggests a patch has been pushed out of the
CommitFest as not possible to commit yet.  It's a final state--normally
a submission going there is finished with, until the next CommitFest
starts.  In a case like this one, where a problem is identified but
there's still time to fix it, the right next step is "Waiting on Author".

There's some more details about this at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_a_CommitFest , which we don't
expect everyone to know because it isn't one of the popular pages to
read.  I've sorted out the problem for this one already, just letting
whoever made that change know about the process here.