Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Date
Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg,

> Put the stuff you used to insert into recovery.conf into postgresql.conf
> instead.  If you don't like that, use another file and include it with
> one of the multiple options for that--same migration option I already
> suggested.  Run "pg_ctl recovery"; under the hood that's actually
> creating standby.enabled instead of recovery.conf, but you don't have to
> know that.  You'd suggested renaming it to reflect its most common usage
> now, and I thought that was quite sensible.  It helps with the "things
> have changed, please drive carefully" feel too.

So for streaming replication, will I need to have a standby.enabled
file, or will there be a parameter in postgresql.conf (or included
files) which controls whether or not that server is a standby, available?

In the best of all possible worlds, I'd really like to have a GUC which
100% controls whether or not the current server is a standby.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.