Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pg_restore --no-post-data and --post-data-only
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Note that this feature has the odd effect that some constraints are loaded at the same time as the tables and some
areloaded with the post-data.  This is consistent with how text-mode pg_dump has always worked, but will seem odd to
theuser.  This also raises the possibility of a future pg_dump/pg_restore optimization.

> That does seem odd.  Why do we do it that way?

Beats me.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.