Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 : why is this query slow? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 : why is this query slow?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> This query goes faster (6224 ms, but I am not sure it gives the
> correct answer as the result differs from my Java program):

It seems clear that you want to see words which appear with all
three types of files, but it's not clear what you want the count to
represent.  The number of times the word appears in filetype 'n'
references (as specified in your second query)?  The number of
permutations of documents which incorporate one 'f' document, one
's' document, and one 'n' document (as specified in your first
query).  Something else, like the total number of times the word
appears?

-Kevin