Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: WIP: Collecting statistics on CSV file data
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2011/11/19 0:54), Robert Haas wrote:
> 2011/11/18 Shigeru Hanada<shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>:
>> - I couldn't see the reason why file_fdw sets ctid of sample tuples,
>> though I guess it's for Vitter's random sampling algorithm.  If every
>> FDW must set valid ctid to sample tuples, it should be mentioned in
>> document of AnalyzeForeignTable.  Exporting some functions from
>> analyze.c relates this issue?
>
> If every FDW must set valid ctid to sample tuples, it should be fixed
> so that they don't have to, I would think.

It's for neither Vitter's algorithm nor exporting functions from
analyze.c.  It's for "foreign index scan" on CSV file data that I plan
to propose in the next CF.  So, it is meaningless for now.  I'm sorry.
I will fix it at the next version of the patch so that they don't have to.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita