Re: How to install latest stable postgresql on Debian - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How to install latest stable postgresql on Debian
Date
List pgsql-general
On 18/11/2011 23:58, Andrus wrote:
>> How did you uninstall 8.4? From below it would seem it is still
>> around.
>
> Thank you. After adding -t switch to apt-get I was able to install
> 9.1.
>
> To start it I  invoked /etc/init.d/postgresql manually.
>
> How to force it to start after server is rebooted automatically ?

IIRC, when you install it via apt-get it should be set to start
automatically - I could be wrong, it's been a while.

To check whether this is the case, look in the appropriate /etc/rc*.d
directory for the runlevel you're using, and see if there is an "S...."
symlink to /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.1 (or something like that) in there.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie