Re: Using incrond for archiving - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Using incrond for archiving
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 11/14/2011 03:47 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> This sounds like it might be another manifestation of something that
> confused me a while back:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-11/msg01754.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-12/msg00060.php

Interesting. That was probably the case for a couple of the older xlogs.
I'm not sure what to think about the ones that were *not* deleted and
still being "closed" occasionally. I'm just going to chalk it up to
connection turnover, since it seems normal for multiple connections to
have connections open to various transaction logs, even it they're not
writing to them.

I can handle the checks to pg_current_xlog_location so long as it's
accurate. If pre-rotated transaction logs are still being written to,
it's back to the drawing board for me. :)

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604