Re: Upgrade 8.4 with contrib to 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Upgrade 8.4 with contrib to 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/14/11 10:12 AM, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running 8.4 with various contrib modules (hstore-new, pg_trgm,
> fuzzystrmatch).
>
> If I wanted to upgrade to 9.1, can I / would I have to uninstall the
> contrib modules?
>
> Are there any incompatibilities between the contrib and corresponding
> 9.1 functions?

hstore in 9.x replaces hstore-new in 8.4, so you likely would want to
uninstall that first, then install the new hstore[1].   I'm not familiar
with those others.

[1] in 9.1, use CREATE EXTENSION hstore;  to do this, rather than
sourcing the .sql scripts...