Re: Streaming Replication woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Patronis
Subject Re: Streaming Replication woes
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/04/2011 11:25 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 4 November 2011 17:19, Sean Patronis<spatronis@add123.com>  wrote:

>>> What have you got primary_conninfo set to on the standby in
>>> recovery.conf?  Are you trying to use a regular user?  If so, you will
>>> have to grant it REPLICATION permissions on the primary, which was
>>> introduced in 9.1.
>>>

>> The primary_conninfo in the recovery.conf is set to :
>> primary_conninfo      = 'host=192.168.127.12 port=5432 user=postgres'
>>
>> So I should just have to grant the postgres user REPLICATION permissions,
>> and be good?
> Well the postgres user will be a superuser, so doesn't need to be
> granted such a permission.
>
> Have you got the necessary entry in pg_hba.conf as Raghavendra
> highlighted?  It will need configuring to accept a connection from the
> IP address of the standby server.

I have both these entries on the pg_hba.conf Master server:
host    replication     all             192.168.127.6/32         trust
host    all             all             192.168.127.6/32         trust

and still cannot get replication to start.

I can make normal postgresql database connections fine to the master
database from the slave with these pg_hba.conf settings, so it is surely
not a firewall issue.