Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2011-11-03 04:02, Benjamin Smith wrote:

> Which is what we're trying next, X25E. 710's apparently have 1/5th the rated
> write endurance, without much speed increase, so don't seem like such an
> exciting product.

I've tested the 710 with diskchecker.pl and it doesn't lie about it's
cache status. I'm note sure about the X25E. that might also be a factor
in the equation. According to Greg Smith the X25E is not ok -
http://www.2ndquadrant.com/static/2quad/media/pdfs/talks/bottom-up-benchmarking-2011.pdf

Also I'm *really* interested to know from one of the bad vertex 3's,
what firmware is on it. (hdparm -I /dev/sdX or smartctl -i /dev/sdX).

-- Yeb