Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Recommendations for SSDs in production?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2011-11-02 18:01, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> So after months of using this SSD without any issues at all, we tentatively
> rolled this out to production, and had blissful, sweet beauty until about 2
> weeks ago, now we are running into sudden death scenarios.

Could you tell a bit more about the sudden death? Does the drive still
respond to queries for smart attributes?

What firmware is on the Vertex 3? Anandtech talks about timing issues
between certain IO controllers and the SandForce 2281 chipset, which
appear to have been resolved in firmware 2.09
(http://www.anandtech.com/show/4341/ocz-vertex-3-max-iops-patriot-wildfire-ssds-reviewed/1).

regards,
Yeb