PostgreSQL at LISA in Boston: Dec. 7-8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Berkus
Subject PostgreSQL at LISA in Boston: Dec. 7-8
Date
List pgsql-general
All,

We are going to be doing a booth at Usenix LISA[1] conference in Boston
from December 7-8.  If you live in Boston and are a PostgreSQL
enthusiast, or if you plan to attend LISA, I want your help!

I need booth volunteers to help me work the booth.  All you need is some
general knowledge of how to use PostgreSQL, enthusiasm, and 3 (or more)
free hours.  We will supply the rest, including flyers, magazines, and a
t-shirt for volunteers.  If you don't already have a pass for the
conference, I will get you one for the exhibit hall.

Or you can attend the full conference if you pay a registration fee; get
$100 off with our community discount, LISA11POSTGRE.

We will also have a BOF[2] on the night of the 7th at the conference
hotel, where I will demo some 9.1 and 9.2 features and talk about the
Postgres project.

Finally, PalominoDB is organizing a Boston PUG (PostgreSQL User Group)
meeting at which I will speak. Details TBD, but expect it at MIT on one
of the nights of the 5th, 6th, or 8th.  Maybe we can start a regular
BostonPUG!

[1] Large Information Systems Administration:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa11/exhibition.html
[2] http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa11/bofs.html#postgres

--
Josh Berkus