Re: Dumping roles improvements? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Dumping roles improvements?
Date
Re: Dumping roles improvements?  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Acording the docs, I assume -r is only roles, while -g includes
> tablespace, so what you want is already available in pg_dumpall.

No, it's not.  You don't seem to be actually reading any of my proposals.

(1) I cannot produce a single file in custom dump format which includes
both a single database and all of the roles I need to build that database.

(2) I cannot dump a set of roles without md5 passwords.

Both of these are things I need to support dev/stage/testing integration
at multiple sites.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.