Re: BUG #6248: Stack Builder fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #6248: Stack Builder fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/10/2011 09:09 PM, Joanna wrote:

> Bug reference:      6248
> Logged by:          Joanna
> Email address:      asia123321@op.pl
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.5 and 9.1.1
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> I am not able to install and of the contrib packages since installer fails
> to parse application-2.xml. I am using proxy, it seems that the file is
> being read, possibly encoding issue?

Are you sure the proxy is permitting the download of the xml file at all?

If the proxy is substituting it with an error page but still sending a
HTTP 200 OK result code, as some buggy proxy servers do, then this would
be the expected behaviour.

Can you supply a packet trace from Wireshark or similar, showing the
attempted download and result?

--
Craig Ringer