Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: PG 9.1 on Debian Squeeze
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/10/2011 13:03, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Karsten Hilbert (Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net) wrote:
>> apt-get install dpkg-dev
>>
>> should fix what you are seeing. The question remains whether
>> postgresql-client(-common) should "Depends:" from dpkg-dev --
>> this should be "reportbug postgresql-client"ed.
>
> I believe Martin has just put together some packages which resolve
>  that issue (and, it shouldn't :).

Thanks everyone - I installed dpkg-dev, and it now produces a
different message:

rod@simecom:~$ psql -U postgres -h localhost
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is not a supported variable name at
/usr/bin/dpkg-architecture line 214.
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.1.1)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

It's not a big deal for me - Postgres is obviously working OK for me,
which is the main thing, so I'll wait for the new packages. Do you
know if they'll be available from backports, or do I get them elsewhere?

Thanks for your help,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland