Re: how to disable all pkey/fkey constraints globally - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Abbate
Subject Re: how to disable all pkey/fkey constraints globally
Date
Re: how to disable all pkey/fkey constraints globally  ("J.V." <jvsrvcs@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 10/05/2011 04:49 AM, depstein@alliedtesting.com wrote:
> [...]

If you'll allow me to toot my horn, here's an alternative:

- Use dbtoyaml [1] to output your tables to a file, say, yaml1
- Edit the yaml1 file, searching for primary_key and foreign_keys and
remove those you want to drop, save the result to a different file, say,
yaml2
- Use yamltodb [2] with yaml2 to generate SQL to drop the primary keys
and foreign keys, in the correct dependency order (at least that's what
it's supposed to do, make sure you use the -1 option), to a file, say, sql1
- Run sql1 through psql to drop the constraints
- Use yamltodb with yaml1 to generate SQL to recreate the primary keys
and foreign keys to, say sql2
- Run sql2 through psql to recreate the constraints

Regards,

Joe

[1] http://www.pyrseas.org/docs/dbtoyaml.html
[2] http://www.pyrseas.org/docs/yamltodb.html