Re: get number and names of processes connected to postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: get number and names of processes connected to postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/24/11 2:07 PM, Gregg Jaskiewicz wrote:
> My apps share same databases, so no good in that. And I am very well
> aware of the new feature in 9.0 - but we're stuck in the 8.3 land for
> now.

you can still give the various apps different user accounts (roles) even
if they all have to have the same permissions (perhaps by being members
of the role that has the actual permissions).   We're usually more
specific about our roles.

and, do note, the pg_stat_activity table has the process ID as well as
the client port.

netstat etc won't do you any good at all if any of the connections are
remote.