Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Subject Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)
Date
In response to Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)  (Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Hello.

I did read and AFAIR sometimes responded on this long discussions. The
main point for me is that many DBAs dont want to have even more random
plans with postgresql knowing what's in memory now and using this
information directly in runtime. I also think this point is valid.
What I would like to have is to force some relations to be in memory by
giving them fixed part of shared buffers and to tell postgresql they are
in memory (lowering page costs) to have fixed optimal plans.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.

19.09.11 14:57, Cédric Villemain написав(ла):