Re: Timezone issues with Postrres - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Timezone issues with Postrres
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 16-09-2011 01:57, pratikchirania wrote:
> Time is being interpreted incorrectly when I set time zone to UTC -6
> (Central America).
> Time shown when I query "SELECT NOW()" is 1 hour ahead of system time.
> PS: Central america does not have daylight saving. That might not be the
> issue.

It is not a bug. Was is the exact postgresql version? How old is your
installation? It seems your PostgreSQL or OS tzdata is not up to date. If
'pg_config --prefix' command has '--with-system-tzdata' update your
installation to the latest minor version (for example, 8.4 -> 8.4.8) else
update your OS tzdata and restart the PostgreSQL.

--
    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/