Re: BUG #6193: The one-click installer failed to unpack - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From 珐塔
Subject Re: BUG #6193: The one-click installer failed to unpack
Date
List pgsql-bugs
于 2011/9/15 19:26, Robert Haas 写道:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM, farta<fayfarta@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference:      6193
>> Logged by:          farta
>> Email address:      fayfarta@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.4
>> Operating system:   Windows 7 64 bit
>> Details:
>>
>> postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows_x64.exe failed to unpack. I downloaded it for
>> several times from different location, so it should not be a corrupted
>> download. When executed, after the postgresql icon displayed at first
>> disappared, an error message box showed up, said: (In Chinese, my system is
>> chinese version) "File name, directory name or volume name is invalid."
>>
>> I'm wondering if it is because my username on my system is in Chinese so it
>> contains non-ascii charactors, and the when the installer begain to unpack
>> files, it tried to get temperary directory name, and since the path contains
>> non-ascii charactor it might not support, it failed and told "File name,
>> directory name or volume name is invalid."
> According to the EnterpriseDB installer team, your explanation is
> correct.  Apparently the installation directory path and PGDATA path
> locations have to patch the following regex:

> Sorry for the inconvenience.  :-(

Thanks a lot. I have found a workaroud: Changing the TEMP/TMP enviroment
variable to a path contains only ascii charactors and the installer
succeeded and now I'm enjoying PostgreSQL.:-)