Re: Noob help for charting on web site, need assistance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Noob help for charting on web site, need assistance
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/14/2011 02:56 PM, Greg Howard wrote:
> I am new to the mailing list and to PostgreSQL.
>
> I am currently running PostgreSQL 9.0.4 on a Windows XP laptop.
>
> I am successfully logging sensor data to a database (temperature, humidity, voltage, etc…), I would like to display
thedata in a chart on a web site. Currently I am have everything on the same Windows system, PostgreSQL, data
acquisitionsystem, Apache Web server, pgAdmin III, and pgAgent....
If you are running PHP you can check out JpGraph. Not free but not too
expensive either and there are lots of chart options.

Sparklines might be just the ticket - especially for mobile devices. One
implementation is at http://sparkline.org/

Both the above are in PHP so you would need that on your system.

You could do something in JavaScript. gRaphaël is pretty cool:
http://g.raphaeljs.com/

And RRDtool makes nice graphs of sensor-type data:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

Cheers,
Steve