Re: In Windows Server 2008 PostgreSQL8.3 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: In Windows Server 2008 PostgreSQL8.3 service on Local Computer started and then stopped.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 09/07/11 4:50 AM, Rodriguez Fernando wrote:
> there isn't a line  in pg_hba.conf (verify this file)
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all             all             ::1/128                 ident

'ident' should probably instead be 'md5', as I don't believe Windows
supports ident,  alternately, it could be 'trust', but this would say
any process or user on your system could connect as any postgres role
without any verification or authentication at all.   caveat emptor.