Re: function on trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: function on trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/01/2011 01:39 AM, Marcos Hercules Santos wrote: <blockquote
cite="mid:b3ba2b32-278f-4216-9de3-39ab2162fc23@y21g2000yqy.googlegroups.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">hi guys

I'm newbie in Psql and I'm trying to build one function  in order to
count the products for each supplier. So i'm gonna put it quite simply
though this example

Please, consider a table called books with the following fields

bookid, title, price, idPublisher

and one another table called publisher

Idpublisher, name, city, Books

Being in that last field from Publisher, called book, I gotta have the
amount of published books for each publisher.

</pre></blockquote> One way to do this would be with a view, so you don't need the trigger. The other one would need to
beafter update, insert and delete. This would include code such as:<br /> update publisher set books=books[+|-]1 where