Re: postgres for OLAP & data mining - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eduardo Morras
Subject Re: postgres for OLAP & data mining
Date
List pgsql-general
At 16:12 30/09/2011, Dario Beraldi wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for some information (guidelines, docs, tutorials,
>etc...) about using postgres for OLAP, data mining, data
>warehousing. The sort of questions I'm trying to answer are on the lines of
>- What tools/SQL commands are available?
>- How should postgres be configured?
>- How suitable is postgres for these tasks (compared to other databases)?
>
>I have done some Google search but I would appreciate any
>advice/hint from more experienced users.

Check these tutorials:

http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=49

http://www.pgexperts.com/document.html?id=40

There are more at http://www.pgexperts.com/presentations.html

YOu can check the presentations made on several pgcons and similar events

http://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/index.en.html

http://www.postgresopen.org/2011/home/

HTH