PostgreSQL Magazine #01 : Let's get it started ! help wanted ! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject PostgreSQL Magazine #01 : Let's get it started ! help wanted !
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #01 : Let's get it started ! help wanted !  (Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
hi guys,

The issue #00 of PostgreSQL Magazine was a demo and it proved that
there's a public for a regular magazine dedicated to PostgreSQL. The
stats from the pgmag.org website show that the PDF version is the most
popular : we got approx. 4000 readers for the demo issue. Meanwhile the
paper version was warmly welcomed at pgcon and others conferences....

More info here : http://www.pgmag.org/00/feedback

I can't speak for other people involved in this demo issue, but for me
it's been a fun and rewarding experience.

Therefore i'm happy to put the issue #01 on track ! This version will be
keep on with the general layout and structure of the issue #00, but
mmeanwhile many modifications and improvements will be made, based on
the feedback we received over the last months.

Although I did a lot of work by myself for the issue #00, i want to be
clear that PostgreSQL Magazine is intended to be a community driven
project. So if you are interested by this projetct, come on board !

We need Editors, Graphic designers, Reviewers, Translators and of course
writers. Even if you don't a previous experience in the media, you can
help the project in many ways !

I've open a dedicated mailing list for the project so that we don't
flood the psql-advocacy list ;-)

You're all welcome to this list. Even if you're just a reader of the
magazine :

https://groups.google.com/group/pgmag/

According to me, here's a basic idea of what the pgmag #01 would look
like : The obvious theme for the issue will be PostgreSQL 9.1 ! This
time i'd like to have 48 pages, with richer content and graphics. I also
plan to publish this in november. I think the magazine could have an
"every-6-month" release policy.

Anyway these are just a few guidelines, any aspect of the magazine can
be discussed and improved. In particular, we need your insights in the
following areas :

  * Page Format / Layout / Design
  * Number of pages
  * Frequency
  * who's our "Target Reader" ?
  * Copyright & license
  * Business model (advertisement ? sponsors ? let readers pay ?)
  * Even the name of magazine may change if someone comes with something
better ;-)

If you have something to say on any of these topic or if you have some
time to spend to build a community-driven media or if you want to
participate to the PostgreSQL project in a creative manner, please join us !

And don't forget to follow us on twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/pg_mag

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org