Re: Suspicious Bill - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Suspicious Bill
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/18/11 10:16 AM, Scott Ribe wrote:
> Mods: FYI, this is not a one-off thing. I've seen this email on 4 other lists so far this morning. So some turd is
spammingevery list he can subscribe to.

my guess is, he handed access to his address book over to the
organization running that campaign, and they spammed everyone on the
list for him, much the same way as linkedin does.     same net effect,
albeit different intent.