Re: Using Postgresql as application server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/17/2011 05:34 PM, Scott Ribe wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:46EC79AF-3685-484E-AABE-E25969C23D56@elevated-dev.com"
type="cite"><prewrap="">On Aug 17, 2011, at 1:05 AM, Sim Zacks wrote:

thisyet) is every once in a while my daemon stops listening. It may be after a month of use or longer, and may be
causedby the database being restarted or something similar. When the daemon stops listening, it doesn't give any errors
orindication that it isn't working anymore.

So your daemon has a bug. When the database is restarted, connections will be closed, and the daemon should certainly
noticethat. Of course the cause may be something else, but either way I doubt it's a problem with NOTIFY/LISTEN.

externalapplication which creates more overhead and another point of failure in the application stack. <br />