windows pginstaller problems with 8.3.15 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tanner Lovelace
Subject windows pginstaller problems with 8.3.15
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

I realize that the windows pginstaller isn't really maintained anymore
but I've run into a problem with it that has me a bit mystified.  I'm
trying to upgrade from a postgresql 8.3.13 installation on windows but
when I run the upgrade.bat script and it gets to the postgresql
installer the installer appears to only update the registry.  It doesn't
upgrade any of the files at all.  As confirmation of this, after running
upgrade.bat, "psql --version" still returns 8.3.13.

Other things to note.  I'm pretty sure it is updating the windows
registry, because if I try to manually run either the 8.3.13 installer,
it tells me a different version of postgresql is installed but when I
try to manually run the 8.3.15 installer it brings up the dialog box
that allows me to either "Modify" or "Remove" the installation.  If I
select "Modify" it brings up the list of packages, but indicates that
everything is unselected and not already installed.  In contrast, when I
manually ran the 8.3.13 before attempting to upgrade, selecting "Modify"
would show which packages were already installed.

So, to summarize, when upgrading the 8.3.15 windows installer from
8.3.13, the 8.3.15 installer runs but doesn't install any of the sub
packages.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Tanner Lovelace