Re: Identify release contents - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Identify release contents
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19/07/2011 6:48 PM, Abraham, Danny wrote:

> I can tell for sure, reading the release notes that it is fixed for
> 8.2.18, 8.3.8 and 8.4.1.

The fix should be in 9.0 too. It might not appear in the 9.0 release
notes explicitly if 9.0 was branched off after the 8.4.1 release,
because then 9.0 would inherit all changes from 8.4.1.

I haven't verified if that's the case, but I haven't seen any "cannot
reattach to shared memory" errors reported here for some time, nor have
I had any on 9.0 during any of my Windows-based testing.

If you want to be totally 100% certain you can trace the fix to exactly
where it was applied in 9.0, check the revision history in git. See
http://git.postgresql.org/ .

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers